We are looking for a Software Architect to join our early-stage FinTech!
At Navro, our mission is to redefine global payments for online businesses, helping them to thrive in the digital economy. Based remotely in the UK, this will be one of our first Technology hires and the Lead Software Architect will be central to shaping the technical platform.
Who we are
We are building the world’s first regulated payments curation platform. By consolidating best-in-class payments infrastructure under our ecosystem, we will enable marketplaces and eCommerce brands to smoothly navigate their growth into new markets.
We recently closed our Series A funding round, led by some of the world’s leading FinTech focused Venture Capital firms (including the backers of Flywire, Pipe, GoCardless, Tide, Pave, and Stitch), and are supported by several well-known industry angel investors that have built multi-billion dollar businesses globally.
We are building a workplace that encourages growth, development, and fun. Working in a startup can be both rewarding and challenging, we’ll be with you throughout the highs and lows as one team.
Our goal is to make the complex – simple, messy – clean, and global scale accessible to every brand and platform. How we move money is changing at an unprecedented rate, and a digital revolution is happening now. Do you want to just watch? Or are you going to seize on the opportunity to help drive it?
At the intersection of fiat, crypto, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), non-traditional forms of transfer of value, and Government regulations exists a very difficult problem to solve: How to make it all work -at a global scale-, in a seamless, safe, legal, fair and private way? That’s what Paytrix has set out to address through a combination of global partnerships with tier one organisations, streamlined commercial and legal agreements, and truly progressive technology.
We are looking for a unique individual to take on the Software Architect role. Although your primary responsibility will be to focus on the design and implementation of high-availability, high-throughput, low latency cloud systems, you are a full stack technologist who spends time writing code when necessary, driving technical discussions/decisions and actively leading architecture, tool choices and internal technical quality. We are deploying to K8S with ArgoCD on AWS but remain somewhat cloud agnostic as we are pursuing a multi-cloud strategy.
To be successful in this role, you:
- Have a broad set of expertise and experience in designing, developing and deploying secure and scalable high-throughput / low-latency cloud-native systems (100+ TPS) whilst remaining hands-on when necessary
- Are fluent in the 12 Factor App concepts and cloud resilience patterns
- Are highly proficient in data modeling, data structures and algorithms, and have extensive experience with JS/TS, Java, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Have a strong technical background with a deep understanding of software development and systems architecture, as well as experience with security technologies and protocols, such as zero-trust architecture, encryption, access controls, firewalls, etc.
- Have knowledge of security standards such as OWASP, NIST, ISO, etc.
- Have experience in risk management and thread modelling frameworks, and the ability to identify, assess, and mitigate security risks in software systems
- Have any one/more of, not limited to, the certifications: AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or can commit to obtain one during your probationary period. We will cover the expenses.
- Are keen to take an active interest in coaching or mentoring teammates
- Can foster an environment of psychological safety that enables people to thrive. This is very important to us, as we are a highly diverse group made up by people from many different ethnicities, religious beliefs and gender identities
- Have experience in Payments, Digital Currencies or a FinTech business
- You will be working with a highly experienced and driven team where, alongside your day-to-day activities, you will learn the ins and outs of creating and growing a technology company.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make important technical decisions and shape the future of the platform, business, and payments.
- You will work with “state of the art” but not “bleeding edge” technologies and will have a clear path to influence decisions and outcomes.
- You will be working remotely, but getting together IRL at regular intervals to establish personal and meaningful relationships with your team and the rest of the company.
As part of this role you will receive the following:
- You will enjoy 26 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Volunteering and compassionate leaves
- Private Healthcare and wellbeing support
- Pension Scheme
- Company Options Scheme
- Team socials and two company offsites to different locations
- Comprehensive, interactive & engaging Training – Leadership, Communication and Presentation Skills, Behavioural profiling, Conflict Management
- Career frameworks and personal growth
- Induction Program
- Working in a diverse and inclusive environment where we ensure that our people thrive!
Navro does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Navro will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to the specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Navro on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.